Read All About It!


When I was younger (as if I am old) I used to read a lot.  I love a good fantasy, science fiction, and what not.  I found that reading helped me in my writing assignments at school and improved my vocabulary.  But unfortunately, I have gotten out of the habit.  I have decided I am going to do something to fix this.  With the help of some friends I have been developing a mental list of books that I would like to read.  

Some of the books I have read and enjoyed in the past have been:
Enders Game (Orson Scott Card) 
Alvin Maker (Orson Scott Card)
Harry Potter
The 5 People You Meet in Heaven
The Alchemist 
and much, much more!

Since I have been home from my mission there has been much talk about Twilight.   I watched the movie the other night with my sister Rachel and Toni.  They made sure to point out the differences between the movie and the book.  I am kinda interested in reading the book for myself.  I am in the process of rereading the Harry Potter books (I am about 15 pages from finishing the 1st book now.)  My mom handed me a book that my grandma just told her I would enjoy, The Enoch Letters, by Neal A. Maxwell.  It will be a quick read I will tackle that in the next few days.   I have added a list of books that I am planning on reading to the left.  

I am hopping to get back in good reading habits.  Please feel free to suggest good books to add to my list, ask me about how my reading is going or what not.

4 comments:

Toni Lynn said...

you should at least start the hobbit. i'll think of more for you!

Will said...

don't do it brandon! there is NO good reason to read twilight. read host if you have to read something by the author. actually the hobbit would be a much better use of you time. by far.

Kelsey said...

I have The Five People You Meet in Heaven if you want to borrow it. It's really good and a pretty quick read.

Nana Laurie said...

(This is Sam's mom) If you like Harry Potter you should try Neil Gaiman's The Graveyard Book. It's a really quick read but it's fun in a macbre sense. As a librarian, it is my top choice this year.